Showing people that Success is defined by them!

My photo
Boise, Idaho, United States
Our mission at Shaping Success Network is to help others find their own meaning of success, and is to realize that success is not defined by other people, but rather by the work, the sweat and the investment in ourselves to realize it all comes from within.

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

We must take Action…

I want to write a book… There I said it, if you haven’t heard me say then now you have. It’s something I have wanted to do for a while. 

So what do I do? Why hasn’t it happened?  I have not taken action on what I want to accomplish. This blog has been just sitting here, empty of words for years. 

The first step is the first step… 

In order to make this happen, I need to hone my writing skills.  This blog is just that, you see the action that I am taking by writing this information is improving my writing skills. I personally am always in a place of self reflection and trying to make myself better every day. 

You may have heard that it takes 10,000 hours to be proficient at something. Take a deep breath and then think about how many things you have spent 10,000 hours on in your life. All that this really means, is that you need to practice in order to get better. You can not just expect for things to just happen for you. You must take action, if it isn’t happening for you then make it happen. You must do everything in your power to succeed. 

So this is it, this is me practicing for what is to come…

The great John Wooden said “Never cease trying to be the best you can be”. 

You see this is how I try to live my life. One day at a time, every day better than the last. What are you passionate about? Learn about whatever way you can. Read a book, watch a YouTube video, always be open to a dialog. Understanding that criticism will make you better, by viewing it as a good thing. I hope this helps you look into the future and be a better you daily. 


-Wes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shaping Success Episode 3 Synopsis by Nikki Pavlovich

  Welcome to Shaping Success with Wes Tankersley as Wes talks to his boss Frank Arroues about his story of success. Frank grew up in Souther...